Start a Club
Do you have a group of like-minded friends who are interested in starting a 4WD Club? Perhaps you are member of an online group and want to actively influence land owners on track access whilst ensuring you and your friends are covered by Public Liability Insurance.
Apart from making new friends and going on four wheel drive trips, the benefits of belonging to the Four Wheel Drive Association QLD include:
- Accredited discounted Four Wheel Drive Training
- Public Liability Insurance Cover
- Supporting an Advocacy Agenda and providing a voice to Government and land owners through our CARE program.
- Creating submissions and lobbying Government on vehicle modifications and other topics related to four wheel driving.
- Knowledge sharing across topics such as; four wheel driving, vehicle parts and modifications as well as great places to camp and visit.
- Participate in large community events such as the Fraser Island Clean Up and more.
This page will help you form a club, take out public liability insurance and become affiliated with the Four Wheel Drive Association QLD.
Step 1 – Setting up an Incorporated Association
The first step in the process of becoming a formal club is setting out your basic structure and methods of operation in writing. The product of this process is called a constitution.
In Queensland all non-for-profit sport and recreational clubs (4wd clubs fall under this banner) need to incorporate under the Associations and Incorporation Act of 1981.
To do this, please visit the Queensland Government Department of Fair Trading website and follow the guide.
Step 2 – Public Liability Insurance
Once you have received your certificate of association the next step is taking out Public Liability Insurance, which is included in your affiliation fees, per member.
To apply for this insurance please contact the state insurance officer via email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your Certificate of Association.
Step 3 – Affiliation with Four Wheel Drive Association QLD
Once you have completed step one and two you will need to complete an affiliation request form (click here). Please submit this along with a copy of your constitution, certificate of association and certificate of currency to the Four Wheel Drive Association QLD. This can be done via email at email@example.com or via post at: PO Box 174, Brisbane Markets QLD 4106. Your application will need to be accompanied by the prescribed fee of $30.00 per member. Please send your payment via EFT or cheque.